Inaugural Blogural

I realized about half an hour ago that Monday was NOT a good day to attempt this whole blog-setup project. I am tired, tired, tired, and my brain is, well, even less functional than it usually is on a Monday evening. I'm beginning to think March Break was not a great thing for me; the week off was wonderful, but since then I seem to be off my teaching game.


It probably isn't helping my state of mind that the weather has been rather unpredictable lately (yes, I'm a Canadian, it is obligatory for me to talk about the weather at least once). The sun has reappeared like a long-lost explorer who was believed to have frozen to death and been eaten by his dogs, and though it was still quite brisk outside, most of the snow melted away. Last week I enjoyed several straight days of a clear windshield and dry roads. This morning, however, the car was covered with a thick layer of frost, and it was only by using the clawed side of the scraper that I was able to clear the windows at all. Of course, this occurred on a day when I had to pick up three other people for the half-hour drive to town. Winter was a long time coming this year, but I am now thoroughly sick of it and positively longing for summer. I feel like the sun is teasing me; it looks so nice outside that I'm itching to go for a run, but one sniff outside the door tells me the air hasn't warmed up enough to be comfortable for breathing.


In an ideal world, with infinite resources, I could jet off tomorrow for Greece (and somehow timewarp ahead to the time of the golden summer heat). My husband and I honeymooned there last summer, and it is hard to believe that the weather we enjoyed there and the weather we were pummeled by here (and it was an easy winter, by most standards) can exist on the same planet. I would like to spend a few weeks, I think, like this:
Not only were these kitties obviously enjoying the sun when we happened upon them, but they were also sprawled on the stones next to an enormous and beautiful ancient theatre!

0 comments: