Yikes!

Blame it on the terrible cold I'm fighting, or the fact that my head is stuffed with new-semester planning. Blame it on baby brain...although I seem to have gotten past that stage of things. Blame it on whatever you want...but it looks like I have failed at NaBloPoMo this month only two days in! I had every intention of posting last night, but I completely forgot. Maybe I can do two today to make up for it?

I called in sick yesterday, as I have a terrible cold and sore throat that also seems to be causing a lot of stiffness in my back. It was just as well that I didn't go in, in the end, as the weather was terrible and school ended up being cancelled almost immediately after everyone arrived. So, on the upside, this cold has saved me a nasty drive to and from work. On the downside, I feel miserable and can barely get around because my back is so sore.

I finally installed Windows 7 on my Dell Studio15 yesterday, and I have to say I'm impressed so far. I had been meaning to do it for a while, but kept putting it off; what finally pushed me to do it was the fact that my keyboard was having some issues and missing a lot of keystrokes. Happily, the new installation seems to have fixed the problem--for now, at least. I also like how Windows 7 handles windows, and it has some smart little features that are actually simplifying somethings--not just trying to simplify things and actually making them harder, as Microsoft products usually do.

Today I am home sick again. I'm hoping to get a bit better by tomorrow--it's a terrible time to be missing school, as the new semester is starting and I really don't have that many teaching days left before my leave anyway. I'd like to get in and get started on some things. This isn't shaping up to be a particularly exciting day, as I'm planning to rest as much as possible, but I suppose I'll post again later to sort of get myself back on track with the posting every day thing.

0 comments: