One of those weeks...

Aargh! Apparently, it's not enough that I'm extra-tired this week due to lack of sleep. No, there have to be a few more things thrown into the mix.

Yesterday we had a practice scheduled for the play I am co-directing at my school, and we encountered some unexpected casting problems. This would have been frustrating enough a few weeks ago, but at this point--when we are really wondering how we can pull this thing together in the time frame we have--it was kind of unbelievable. We're kind of scrambling to fill in the gaps now, but so far our rapidly-concocted contingency plan seems to be working out.

This morning, I was getting ready for work when my husband informed me that our hot-water tank--which is housed in our pantry, since our ancient house has only an earthen hole for a basement--was leaking. It turned out to be only a minor inconvenience, as the new one arrived and was installed by 5:30 this evening, but at a time when we are trying to save for a mortgage so we can get OUT of this house, it is frustrating to have to pour more money into it.

However, this evening was a bit more relaxing. My husband's parents had a nutrient-management plan done for the family farm, and we all had supper this evening with the woman who prepared the plan. After supper, she went through the plan and explained the science of it all, which was really quite interesting! I think I was a little surprised that the chemistry of it (the basics, anyway) were so easy to understand. It is neat to know not just what should be done but also WHY it should be done.

Anyway, now I am off to bed, with hopes that tomorrow will be problem-free (or at least that any problems that are yet to arrive can be dealt with as easily as the others).

0 comments: